Chocolate and peanut butter, I think they’re a match made in heaven. The nutty notes of peanuts sprinkled with a dash of salt compliments the bittersweet chocolate in this super easy to make Dark chocolate and peanut butter cups. This recipe is vegan and only contains three ingredients! Isn’t it great? It’s an absolutely non guilty pleasure you can indulge in anytime of the day. Since it contains virgin coconut oil that goes liquid during warmer seasons, it literally melts in your hands
We don’t use any artificial emulsifier or solidifier, so it is advisable to keep this in the fridge for longer shelf life, or else,your counter will be swamped with chocolate and peanut butter! Whether you’re vegan or not, this confection is definitely a hit for everyone. It’s just so much healthy goodness is a cup! And it doesn’t take the whole day to make nor does it require you to be an expert baker or confectioner. Just a little passion and love…and a sweet tooth! Happy adventure in the kitchen!
CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER CUPS
2. Place the peanut butter and coconut oil in a saucepan over low heat.
3. Stir until melted and smooth.
4. Divide between the mini muffin tray with paper cases and freeze for 20 minutes. Make sure to leave 1cm space on the top for the chocolate to sit in later on.
5. Prepare the chocolate mixture while peanut butter cups are freezing. Place the dark chocolate melts and extra coconut oil in a microwavable container and heat for 2minutes, then stir the mixture until they are well combined and smooth. Other way to do it is using the double boiler method.
6. Remove the frozen peanut butter mixture from the freezer and add the chocolate mixture on top, just at the level of the paper cups. Return to freezer for 15minutes or until firm.
7. Once set, remove from the tin to serve. You can make 24 pieces from the recipe. They are best stored in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Enjoy!
Follow us! @sundeeskitchen